Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trying something new


Robyn over at My Pink Stamper has put out a call for new members for her My Pink Stamper Design Team. I decided to challenge myself to come up with an entry. I have never done anything like this before so this is something that is outside of my comfort zone. I'm excited with my entry and you can find it above. I used my Creative Memories Everyday Display and the Cricut to highlight my daughter's senior prom picture. All of the papers except for the words "sr prom" and "memories" as well as the heart were cut from Creative Memories papers. The words and heart were cut out of Stampin Up paper. With my Cricut Expression, I cut the flowers using the Accent Essentials and Sweet Treats cartridges. I cut the heart with the George cartridge. The words were cut with the Lyrical Letters cartridge (LOVE that cartridge). I used Bags, Tags and More to cut the tag. I accented the tag with paper ribbon from Creative Memories. I sponged the edges of the white flower and the purple flower with Stampin Up inks. I added texture to these flowers by putting a crease down the center of each petal using the Cricut spatula. I had lots of fun creating this layout and am glad I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone. Thanks, Robyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment